Saturday, September 22, 2007

Chapter Twenty-Five


“Me? Marry … Quang?” Tu Quyen asked.
“Of course… I’ve thought about it. I told my friends that I had a niece marrying! They don’t know which one!” Ky Duyen exclaimed.
“So this is about your friends again?”

Ky Duyen rolled her eyes and walked over next to Luong Tung Quang.

“Quang here has already agreed, so has your uncle.”
“Is this true?” Tu Quyen asked Luong Tung Quang.

He nodded his head with a half-smile. Ky Duyen patted him on his back as though he had just accomplished something impossible as Tu Quyen made her way up to them. She wanted so much to accept … but she felt that she would be at fault with Minh Tuyet.

“So that’s it? I’m just gonna marry him? What if Tuyet gets her memory back? We’ll still be married?” Tu Quyen asked. Ky Duyen nodded her head as she took a seat next to Tuan Ngoc.
“Quyen, this isn’t just about your aunt’s friends. It’s about saving face for this family. We hope you understand…” Tuan Ngoc said.
Tu Quyen nodded her head after several minutes, making Ky Duyen shriek in happiness. Right after her shriek, there was another scream coming from a maid, who ran into the living room quickly.

“Sir Tuan Ngoc! I came into Minh Tuyet’s room and saw one of t-t-the guard holding her hands!”

Tu Quyen’s heart started to race as Tuan Ngoc slammed his hand onto the table.
“How did this happen!?”

The entire family hurried went to Minh Tuyet’s room, where they found Bang Kieu beside her bed and holding her hand. Tuan Ngoc came over to him and picked him up by the collar and pushed him out the door.

“YOU! How dare you touch my daughter? She is nothing to you …! You are no longer wanted here! LEAVE!” Tuan Ngoc shouted in rage. Bang Kieu stood up and left the mansion as tears slid down his face. Tuan Ngoc went back to his daughter and held onto her hands.

“Are you okay, dear? You’re gonna get to be at a wedding soon!” he said as though she was a five-year-old.
“Really? Is Quyen getting married! OH! I’m so happy! What should I wear?” she asked and ran over to the closet. She accidentally knocked over her dresser and a jewelry box fell down opened. She bent down and picked up a shiny hair clip. Luong Tung Quang and Tu Quyen walked over to her to see what was going on. Suddenly, a whole lot of things started racing through Minh Tuyet’s mind.


…“Hi, my name is Bang Kieu.”
… “Yeah…I’m a maid here.”
…“You caused the fire! You caused my aunt and my father to die! How can you live so innocently?”
…“I need you to pretend to be in love with each other…”
…“A friend helped me get in and introduced me to Lord Tuan Ngoc, I’m a guard there now.”
…“Oh, I was only able to see one of their faces. The other one seems to always be hiding her face. But I’m sure she’s gorgeous.”
…“Well, what do I do? I know that your father forces us to marry…but I don’t know if I could do this.”
…“I’m really sorry! It’s just… you didn’t seem to like the real me when I first met you. So I was afraid that if I told you who I really was, you wouldn’t like me!”
…“...you wanted to marry me in the beginning… so…let’s get married.”

Suddenly, she yelled and started running out to the main gates.

“Bang Kieu!” she yelled. But it was too late. He was already disappearing into the horizon as the sun was setting down onto their hearts.

No comments: