Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Chapter Eight


Tu Quyen found Minh Tuyet and Luong Tung Quang talking and laughing in the front building; she felt a sudden stinging pain from somewhere inside her, she didn’t really understand why. She walked over to them and sat down next to Luong Tung Quang.
“What’s so funny?” she asked.
“Nothing, we were just talking about how Quang had that bread stuck on his lips,” Minh Tuyet replied.
“Hey, hey, hey! It wasn’t that funny,” Luong Tung Quang said smiling.
Minh Tuyet pointed to her mouth.
“Then why am I laughing?”
“…because you’re an idiot.”
Tu Quyen laughed loudly at Luong Tung Quang’s comment, causing Minh Tuyet to look over at her strangely. Tu Quyen immediately stopped and smiled. Why did I laugh so loud at his stupid comment? she thought.
After lunch, Minh Tuyet headed off to the antique room with her father, leaving Tu Quyen and Luong Tung Quang alone at the dining table. Tu Quyen felt somewhat nervous, she couldn’t explain why. Suddenly, her heart jumped when Luong Tung Quang spoke up.
“So, how are you?”
“Uh, I’m fine, thanks. You?”
“I’ve been great, thank you. I should go home now. I only came this morning because Tuan Ngoc wanted me to see the antique room.”
“No!”
Luong Tung Quang looked back in surprise.
“I mean…you should say ‘bye’ to Minh Tuyet and my uncle first before leaving.”
“Good idea. Well, I’ll see you tomorrow.”
Tu Quyen sat silently as Luong Tung Quang left the dining room. She hit her head, asking herself why she had rejected to him leaving. Why do I care if he goes or not? she thought to herself. Tu Quyen stood up and left the dining room, asking herself dozen of questions that involves Luong Tung Quang.

No comments: