Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Chapter Fourteen


A tear ran down her face as Van Quynh’s back was to the door. Duong Trieu Vu was on the other side forcing her to open up the door. Why does he wanna talk? she though to herself. It was three days since she confessed her feelings to him and now there he was knocking on the door wanting to talk.
“Open up the door!” he yelled, still banging on the door.
“Go away, Vu! I don’t wanna talk to you!” Van Quynh cried as another tear ran down her cheek. She used all of her strength to keep the door shut as Duong Trieu Vu tried to break it down.
“Stop it! Go away!” Van Quynh yelled.
“I’m not going until I get to talk to you!”
“We ARE talking, now go! GO!”
“No!”
Suddenly, Van Quynh fell down and the door got wide opened. Duong Trieu Vu ran in and helped Van Quynh up, helping her take a seat.
“What is it?” she asked.
“Well, I just wanted to… um, talk to you.”
“…about what?”
“What happened the other day…”
“Look, I don’t wanna talk about it right now, I don’t have enough energy to yell,” Van Quynh said standing up and caressing her back.
“I really wanna talk about it,”
“I don’t! So humiliating myself in front of the guy I like wasn’t enough, you just decided to come and make me feel worse about what I said and did?”
“I’m sorry; I need to talk to you. It’s just… you know how you have feelings for me?”
“What about it?” Van Quynh said with a soft voice, hoping for him to tell her that he liked her, too.
“I love you! I really do,” he said with a smile.
“Really?” she cried with excitement and held onto his hands.
“…as a sister,” he said, still smiling. However, the smile on Van Quynh’s face has disappeared and she had let go of his hands.
“What?” she asked, closing her eyes.
“I love you as a sister. Me, you, and Tuyet; we’re like the three best friends ever! It’s great! I love the relationship between us. We’ve known each other for a really long time, since we were in diapers! And… I don’t wanna ruin it.”
“Oh…”
“Plus… I like…” Duong Trieu Vu paused and said,
“…Tu Quyen,” he whispered.
Van Quynh looked at Duong Trieu Vu, completely dumbfounded. She tried her best to keep a tear from falling down, but the moment it escaped from her eyes, she looked away. She subtly wiped the tear from her eye and gave him a smile.
“I’m so happy for you! Well, at least, I wish you good luck with her.”
“Ha! That will never happen, she’s a mistress and I’m a guard for her building.”
Wanting to scream ‘I love you’, she turned to him and said,
“Well, it’s a lost for her.”
“Thank you,” Duong Trieu Vu said, giving her a hug.
Van Quynh returned the hug. When her head was on his shoulders, she closed her eyes and a stream of tears ran down…

No comments: